- Root vegetables
- Sweet potato
Quinoa cooked in coconut milk is mixed with harissa-roasted sweet potatoes in this warm and comforting, gluten-free weeknight dinner.
1 person made this
- 265g diced sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 170g quinoa
- 240ml coconut milk
- 240ml chicken stock
- 30g thinly sliced kale
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 60g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:41min ›Ready in:56min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Toss sweet potatoes, harissa and paprika together in a bowl until coated; spread onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; stir sweet potatoes and continue baking until tender and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat; add shallot, ginger and garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add quinoa, coconut milk and chicken stock; bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir kale, lemon juice and sweet potatoes into quinoa mixture. Top each serving with feta cheese and fresh coriander.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
by chef josh
I was a little hesitant to make this, with no previous reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it was. I'm a pretty discriminating cook! Made this with Israeli couscous instead of quinoa, as I thought the texture would be a nice compliment. Liked the combination of flavors; clean, bright taste of the cilantro, creamy saltiness of the feta, spicy sweetness of the sweet potatoes. Yum!-08 Apr 2018